2nd ANNUAL PECAN CANDY CHALLENGE
PRIZES: $100 for 1st place $75 for 2nd place $50 for 3rd place
Candy Makers from across Texas are invited compete with their best homemade pecan candy recipes.
This competition is open to individuals of all ages residing in or visiting Texas.
There is no registration fee for the Challenge
Candy entries must be registered and in the Pecan Candy Challenge Tent in Risien Park by 11:00am October 2oth.
There will be two registration sites. Alamo Pecan & Coffee (601 East Wallace) 8:30am to 9:30am
Pecan Candy Challenge tent in Risien Park 10:00am to 11:00
The entry does NOT have to be delivered by the CANDY MAKER
If entry is brought to the Pecan Challenge Tent, the person delivering the candy will be required to pay the San Saba River Pecan Jam Admission fee.
An individual may have TWO entries.
The recipe is not required.
Each entry must contain 12 pieces of pecan candy. It can be any type of candy as long as it contains pecans and does not require refrigeration.
The Winner will be determined by a panel of judges from outside San Saba County. They will judge each entry on: taste, originality, texture, appearance, and use of pecans.
1. All Entries will become the property of the San Saba Festival Association.
2. An individual may have TWO entries which must contain at least 12 pieces of candy.
3. All entries must contain pecans (not just decorations). Each participant must prepare his or her own entry.
4. All entries must be on or in a non-returnable container COVERED WITH PLASTIC WRAP.
5. All entries must have the entrant’s name, address, and phone number printed and
TAPED TO THE BOTTOM for identification.
6. All entries must have THE NAME OF THE CANDY ATTACHED TO THE TOP.
7. The winners will be announced in the Culinary Delight Tent at 12:45pm